Re: [ARSCLIST] Cedar - acoustical recordings

From: Patent Tactics, George Brock-Nannestad

Hello,

Joe Salerno asked:

> Is there any reference to the piano being placed on
> a system of rails or some such to move it closer to
> or farther from the horn?

----- I have not seen any reference to this. But I have seen a letter
describing that the Gramophone Company for some records (and I suspect only
for a period, which IIRC would have been before 1910) used two pianos for
accompaniment. I have no information whether they played in unison or four-
hand. I suspect unison.

Kind regards,

George