Re: [ARSCLIST] What is a Milk Box ? (was Moving Sound Recording Collections)

----- Original Message -----
From: "D P Ingram" <darren@xxxxxxxxx>
> Thank you (everyone) for the entertaining and illuminating response.
> When I was younger the milk bottles came in a crate but they had bits
> in between so making storage harder !
>
> And in Finland we have these Tetra-Pak (R) cartons. Milk bottles were
> a very, very, very long distant memory for many.

Well, in the earliest days of mass delivery of milk to grocery stores,
metal crates (made of a sort of very heavy wire) were used...and they,
themselves were quite heavy. This would be mid-sixties and earlier,
and I think I still have one among my massive archive of highly
miscellaneous artifacts...!

...stevenc