Re: [ARSCLIST] Cedar

On 26 maj 2007, at 19.19, Bob Olhsson wrote:

OS-X appears less crash-prone because an application can no longer take down
the entire OS however this has nothing at all to do with basic system
security.

Indeed. But the basic system security is equally "better" presently and any holes are promptly fixed. Connect a Windows PC or a OS X Mac to the net and turn the firewall off. I can guarantee the PC will get knackered first. Even with the firewall on (built in versions at least) the PC is more exploitable.

I'm afraid most of what one has available to read about computers is
rewritten press releases and not actual reporting that was the result of
investigation by decently paid, knowledgeable reporters. The computer
"press" is a world of exotic press junkets, free hardware and free software
that has often been populated by folks who've made and lost millions playing
the NASDAQ.

Oh indeed. I was active in that marketplace and industry and also despised of many so-called professionals and their behaviour. I tended to swim against the tide though :)

Darren

---
Darren Ingram (darren at ingram.fi / www.ingram.fi)
Provider of many things including research, media, innovation and consultancy services.

"Insert pointless, humo(u)rless quotation and ASCII art here"
"Insert lengthy, boring and meaningless corporate and copyright disclaimer here"