Re: [ARSCLIST] Cedar

On 23 maj 2007, at 05.49, Rob Poretti wrote:

At the rate CPU speeds/cores are developing I don't know if proprietary DSP systems will
continue for long. No audio workstation manufacturer can keep up with the on-going
Intel/AMD battle. Our workstations can be fitted with dual quad- core CPU's; you'd be
hard-pressed to find equivalent processing in dedicated systems.

Do you think that this will lead to more solutions being developed with Linux/Apple rather than just the Windows monopoly with all of its inherrent system risks that can occur (or greater overall management overhead)?

---
Darren Ingram (darren at ingram.fi / www.ingram.fi)
Provider of many things including research, media, innovation and consultancy services.

"Insert pointless, humo(u)rless quotation and ASCII art here"
"Insert lengthy, boring and meaningless corporate and copyright disclaimer here"