Re: [ARSCLIST] **SPAM** [78-l] ARSC Conference report: Day 1

Steven,
I consider you the "eternal pessimist". You always manage to find the worst point of view for every statement made and every position taken by any of our correspondents. Do you ever have an optimistic view about anything? Jack

----- Original Message ----- From: "Steven C. Barr(x)" <stevenc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, May 07, 2007 1:01 AM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] **SPAM** [78-l] ARSC Conference report: Day 1

----- Original Message ----- From: "D P Ingram" <darren@xxxxxxxxx>
On 7 maj 2007, at 05.13, David Lennick wrote:
>> Trouble is, neither Durham Region Transit nor Greyhound Canada runs
>> buses east of the maritime provinces...and I don't recall seeing
>> any cheap charter fares Canada-Helsinki (anybody else notice that
>> those $99 fares are always one-way, and the very fine print tells
Ah, do they do that in North America as well. Irritation is not the
word. In the UK you get often companies advertising flights for a
pound or two and then you get stiffed for the fees... and the fees
always seem to vary between rival carriers even for the same
routing.   It gets my goat when you try and use reward miles for a
booking and the fees often are higher than buying an offer fare with
tax/fees from the same carrier.

Here in Canada, they are required to mention the extra charges...but
that law fails to designate a minimum type size...

Customer loyalty... airline industry... genuine.... words not
designed to go together.

Actually, delete "airline" and substitute "any"...and you have
just typified the XXI Jahrhundert...!

The theme song of present-day human existence is probably:

"Nyah-nyah-na-na-nyah-nyah...
I got more <wotever> than you do..."

Meanwhile, the poor overloaded planet is finally falling apart
at the seams...?!

Go figure (or, better yet, don't, if you're easily scared...)