Re: [ARSCLIST] **SPAM** [78-l] ARSC Conference report: Day 1

At 5/6/2007 07:55 AM, you wrote:
I cross the border every two or three weeks (Canada/US, usually in the Niagara area but sometimes at Thousand Islands) with nary a problem.

If you regularly use a border crossing where it's offered, the NEXUS program is more than worth the cost. This is a pre-approval system that allows you to drive through a special lane rather than waiting with the rest of the traffic.

I use it at the West Coast crossings between British Columbia and Washington state, but it's also available in Southern Ontario and Quebec, and at Toronto and Vancouver airports. More than once, I've heard the radio traffic reports warning of waits of 45 minutes to over an hour at the Peace Arch, but I can zip past and maybe wait for one other car to clear. And because everybody using the NEXUS lane is pre-cleared, it only takes about twenty seconds per car.

At US$50 or CDN$80 for five years, it pays for itself in reduced stress and aggravation after two or three trips, as far as I'm concerned. I wouldn't cross the border without it.

John Ross