Re: [ARSCLIST] Slides and inconvenient media (was spin it again)

--- Frank Strauss <fbsdmd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> and you
> didn't mention the orphaned prints for which there are no
> negatives.

Which is a *much* more serious loss.  When my grandmother passed
away she left many boxes of pictures, many wew of interest
to our family only, but quite a few were taken by my grandfather
when he worked for Standard Oil (SOCal), documenting  service
stations and oil depots in the 1920s-1960s.  I let everyone else
grab all the prints they wanted and took the negatives.
I've had some printed, ones he took in the 20s, and they look
like they were taken yesterday.  (And how he got a 1920s oil
truck with solid tires to Mount Rainier Nat'l Park in two
feet of snow I cannot fathom.) The wrinkled, faded prints
were not the prize.

David Breneman         david_breneman@xxxxxxxxx

8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no time