Re: [ARSCLIST] Slides and inconvenient media (was spin it again)

On 4/5/07, RA Friedman <rafriedman@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Then the inaccessible media becomes the proverbial "1000 pound Gorilla" (with due apologies to our sister species), that the children or grandchildren have to deal with. My parents took 1000s of slides that haven't been looked at in 40+ years, plus there are tons of orphaned negatives for which there are no prints.

I won't be researching my family lineage in my retirement, I'll be
scanning media.

RA Friedman
Historical Society of PA
Rights and Repro.

I have 3000 slides from the late 60's early 70's that I would love to
preserve for the next generation-yes, also a retirement project, and you
didn't mention the orphaned prints for which there are no negatives.

--
Frank B Strauss, DMD