Re: [ARSCLIST] at this rate, won't be much to archive soon enough

I have a friend who corresponds only in CAPS. He is legally blind and the larger the print, the better he can see it. Perhaps other people have difficulty reading and prefer CAPS. While it is noticeable, it is certainly not irritating to me and I grow used to it quickly. Of course at my age not much bothers me. Jack

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jeffrey Kane" <jeffkane@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, March 23, 2007 12:06 AM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] at this rate, won't be much to archive soon enough

Perhaps it's just me; I react identically to reading an Email written in all
caps as I do talking with someone in person who has no concept of personal
space and speaks at a shout at all times. I'd call it a "mental cringe".
It's quite unpleasant.

-----Original Message----- From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List [mailto:ARSCLIST@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of David Lennick Sent: Thursday, March 22, 2007 10:39 PM To: ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] at this rate, won't be much to archive soon enough

Will someone kindly tell me why people get all out of joint when somebody
types
in caps? Not everybody is an expert touch typist. It doesn't bother me a
bit.
Somebody ruled years ago that TYPING IN CAPS IS SCREAMING. Bullfeathers. Go
read Fred Allen's letters..they're all in lower case.

dl

Roger and Allison Kulp wrote:
i havebeen guilty ofthe second in my time

Roger :^)

Tom Fine <tflists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: Here's the question of the
day --- who's more annoying:

1. the guy who TYPES ALL CAPS

or

2. the guy who never uses the shift key or punctuation and types nonsense
runon sentences

??

-- Tom Fine

PS -- of course there's

3. the scold who jumps on either 1 or 2 (yep, I've been a scold in the
past, mainly over 2 since
it's very hard to read blocks of text without sentences clearly defined).

----- Original Message ----- From: "Angie Dickinson Mickle"
Sent: Thursday, March 22, 2007 11:24 AM

Well, Steve. This is the kind of pompous response I'd only expect from
someone on this list.

Nigel, What Steve was so graciously trying to tell you is that typing in all
caps is considered shouting
in the email world. If that is your intent, then by all means, continue.
Otherwise, you might
want to make sure your caps lock is off when posting as it seems to
bother most people. Obviously
it bothers Steve.

Angie Dickinson Mickle
Avocado Productions
Arvada, CO
www.avocadoproductions.com

Steve Abrams wrote:
Stop shouting you damned idiot.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Nigel Barrett"
Sent: Thursday, March 22, 2007 4:02 AM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] at this rate, won't be much to archive soon
enough

TOM I AGREE AND I WOULD ADD THAT IT IS UTTER TOSH OR NONSENSE FOR THE
COPYRIGHT GUYS TO EVEN SUGGEST INTERNET MP3 DOWNLOADERS OF VINTAGE
MUSIC FROM SHOWS LIKE THE BIG BROADCAST DEPRIVE THE MUSICIANS OF
MONEY.
IF I HEAR IN THIS SUB-STANDARD SOUND MEDIUM SAY RAYMOND SCOTT
QUINTETTE FOR EXAMPLE,I WANT TO RUSH OUT TO WAREHOUSE AND SEE IF THEY
HAVE A NICE SCOTT CD.I LIKE THE NOTES ,ART WORK AND USUALLY THE MUSIC
IF WELL-TRANSFERED FROM 78'S.
ALSO MUSICAL  FREEDOM  TO AN EXTENT ON THE NET IS EDUCATIVE AND HAS A
SPIN EFFECT BOOSING SALES ,CERTAINLY IN THE NOSTALGIA MARKET.
NIGEL IN SEYCHELLES