To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, March 21, 2007 6:44 PM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] at this rate, won't be much to archive soon enough

>From Tom Fine: "I don't think "piracy" is the whole story by a long shot. I
think putting out utter crap and badly
marketing that tends to kill a business."

Unfortunately few people look at the root causes which are the collapse of
the majority of our local live venues and Madison Avenue having taken
iron-fisted control over most broadcasting and large venues. You can't blame
record labels for not investing in artists who they can't possibly get
exposed no matter how much they spend.

I fear it's music and not just the recording industry that's in big trouble.

Bob Olhsson Audio Mastery, Nashville TN
615.385.8051 http://www.hyperback.com