Re: [ARSCLIST] Fact or fiction: Sharpies damage cd-r?

Probably a really dumb question, but does anybody have a handle on how much
solvent is left after Sharpie inscriptions dry?  It would seem that most of
the damage is done while the solvent is present.  I have been writing on
"throwaway" cds with Sharpie for at least 10 years, and can't recollect
having one fail(except from obvious physical damage).  I bought some of the
pens recommended on this list, and found that they seem to run out of ink
very quickly.

-- Frank B Strauss, DMD