Re: [ARSCLIST] Welcome to the XXI Jahrhundert...?!

Interesting.I no longer go to thrift stores,for the simple reason,they have no "new" records put out.I know people who still go to the stores,and they tell me they still have the same old tired stuff they have had for several years.This makes me wonder if they are getting stuff in and tossing it(I know people who dumpster dive,and there ain't nothing there.),and if so,why not toss out those Firestone Christmas albums,or Jim Nabor's records that have been sitting there the past few years ?

What I noticed,starting in 2005,was the gradual disappearance of almost all music formats from thrift stores,except for the stray cassette or two here and there.There is this guy,in Macomb,Illinois,who some of you may know,if I tell you where he lives.He sells just 45s,and has since about 1975 or '76.I have been buying from him,since 1987.He travels all over the US,and Canada,mostly buying up collections or store stock.He makes a point of going to thrift stores, everywhere he goes,and has made similar comments in the last two lists. Something has happened,in the past couple of years,not that there was great quantities of stuff before that.

                             Roger Kulp

"Steven C. Barr(x)" <stevenc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: Went up to the local Salvation Army thrift store this a.m to
see if they still had a 78 I'd seen there on Saturday but
hadn't bought (they get 78's once every year or two...).
Saw they no longer had ANY analog disc records of any kind!

Asked one of the staff what had happened to their stock of
records, and the answer was "We pitched those...we throw 'em
out every few days so they don't take up room, because they
rarely sell!"

Hmm-m-m-m...

Steven C. Barr

"If you're not on somebody's watchlist,you're not doing your job"

                          Dave Von Kleist

Don't pick lemons.
See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.