Re: [ARSCLIST] Tape transport gentleness was delicacy WAS reel choices was help in fair pricing of reel to reel machines

IMHO, there are only a few mainstream(ish) tape machines that should show up in a high-end transfer suite:
Studer A820, A816, A80, A812, A810
Sony APR-5003/5003v (late models or a late model 5002)
Ampex ATR-100, AG-440, AG-350 (the latter two with mods)
Nagra IV, T-Audio
Stellavox (various models, not sure, I wouldn't seek one out)
Telefunken (High-end studio machines--apparently some had oil distribution plumbing)
Otari POSSIBLY MTR-15 or MTR-20

Richard,
I notice the Studer B67 doesn't show up on your list. Any particular reason? This is what I use, and I've been very happy with it. Very gentle transport too.

-Matt Sohn