Re: [ARSCLIST] Strauss Japanese Festival Music

Hello,

According to WERM, there were two recordings issued in Japan of the Strauss music:

1. Bavarian State Opera Orch., cond by Strauss: S-5001 - 2 in Japan, DGG 67599 - 600 in Europe (4 sides) - this one was reissued on LP: 2548-722 (which might have been on Heliodor label)

2. Japanese Festival Orch., cond. Fellmer, issued on Japanese Columbia S-3019 - S-3021-S (5 sides)

FER- series I seem to recall as being done by DGG.

Perhaps those bits of date will help: you may have both recordings ?

Richard