Re: [ARSCLIST] early CD bashing

phillip holmes wrote:
>I don't think the incompetence was purposeful...Most first pressings sound better than reissues because they
>were usually mastered from a decent tape.

It must be remembered that the very first pressings were always the principal sales tool for selling additional copies! The pressings were better (The VERY best pressings I ever encountered were RCA and Columbia DJ copies) and the early masters were rarely cut from "eq. production masters" which have been the source for many CD reissues.

--
Bob Olhsson Audio Mastery, Nashville TN
615.385.8051    http://www.hyperback.com