Re: [ARSCLIST] Good price on B-Stock DAL CardDeluxe

On 12/26/06, Tom Fine <tflists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

http://www.bswusa.com/proditem.asp?item=CDX01-BSTOCK

The Digital Audio Labs site indicates the card's list price is now $399
instead of $525, as it was a
few years ago. But $270 is still the best price I've seen for it. I've
bought B-stock items from BSW
before and had no problems, for what it's worth.

I still think this is one of the best-sounding 2-channel interfaces out
there. This one will go in
my home office PC to replace the horrible on-motherboard Intel junko-sound
chip.

-- Tom Fine

Hi Tom-As I mentioned to you, my order from BSW arrived very promptly. Yahoo-CardDeluxe is in and working! Beautiful sound now emanates from my computer, runs over to the receiver, jumps out onto a little pair of Bose 301's, and zaps into my ears. No chirps, chips, hum, hiss, etc. It was a little complex because the new computer opens from a hatch on the left side, and there are four cooling fans, two of them blowing through a duct system that had to be removed to access the motherboard. The motherboard had alternating slots, one kind of which the board did not fit into.(guess which one I used?) Radio shack had the 1/4" TRS/RCA cable for inputting to the receiver. I disabled motherboard sound in the Advanced tab in BIOS, and when I went to disable it in System, it wasn't there. I left the jumpers at default; should I change to -10db for use with my receiver? Next big hurdle will be to send some analog signal into the card, and see what happens. Thanks for your suggestion and help. Am sitting here listening to Gayla Peevey sing my favorite Christmas carol.

-- Frank B Strauss, DMD