Re: [ARSCLIST] Multi format DVD/CD/SACD, etc Player

Marcos Sueiro wrote:
Don C -- consider a DVD player to replace that one-disc CD player.

[. . .]

Plus, if you ever get into making DVD-Audio discs, these will play it
back -- or make a DVD data disc full of MP3 and have days of background
music.

Tom,

A few months ago I looked and looked but could not find a DVD player that would play DVDs full of MP3s (as I was hoping) --only CD-Rs. I don't know why this is. Do you know of one that does?

Happy Boxing Day everyone

Marcos

I recently bought a Toshiba SD-760 (the 755 appears similar) which exceeds its specifications and happily plays all the formats I've thrown at it including high- and low-rate MP3s and MPG. (It is specified only for 44.1 Ksps MP3 and DivX AVIs - along with all the usual formats for DVD players.) Mine came from
http://www.world-import.com/
and was modified for code-free, region-free operation in addition to PAL/NTSC format conversion. It works well enough that I've placed a second order; at $78 plus shipping, I consider it a bargain.

Mike
--
mrichter@xxxxxxx
http://www.mrichter.com/