Re: [ARSCLIST] Recommended software to make an iPod dump its library to iTunes on a second computer

Tom Fine wrote:
Wow, Frank, good to know. That is toxicware, for sure. And it is not Windows-standard so Microsoft should have warned you on install. As I understand it, to avoid the "not XP standard" warning, your software must have a full-uninstall utility.

In XP, you can "wind back the hands of time" to before the install, but anything you changed from the install forward would also be lost.

-- Tom Fine

Unfortunately, the XP Goback Machine, like its predecessors, is limited. It can undo entries, but cannot reverse some changes - and it is those changes which are most insidious with QT. As a trivial example, when QT's associations are removed, it does not know what associations were there before. Whether iTunes is better, I cannot say since I will not let it into my system.

The only reliable removal tool is restoring a full backup at least of the OS and applications. (I keep data on separate partitions so such a restore is only moderately painful.)

Mike
--
mrichter@xxxxxxx
http://www.mrichter.com/