Re: [ARSCLIST] Recommended software to make an iPod dump its library to iTunes on a second computer

Hi Tom-As a Palm owner, I certainly agree with you about missing
functionality in the iPod. Another area that is vexing is the battery life
issue.  I would think after the class action thing that they would have
worked very hard on improving battery life, but, if my 60 gb click wheel
model is any example, battery life continues to be of secondary importance.
Also, the click wheel is almost as hard to use as the previous generation's
non-click wheel.  Super packaging and promotion, though.  I had real trouble
with Quicktime on my previous computer.  I needed to upgrade it to use the
new iPod, but I had to remove the old Quicktime before the new one would
install, and the old Quicktime would absolutely not allow itself to be
removed.  I spent about an hour on the phone with a very nice Apple person
in Canada, but his final suggestion was to wipe the hard drive and start
over.  A local tech tried and decided he would have to do Registry editing,
and it ended up cheaper in the long run to get a new computer.

-- Frank B Strauss, DMD