Re: [ARSCLIST] Recommended software to make an iPod dump its library to iTunes on a second computer

----- Original Message -----
From: "Frank Strauss" <fbsdmd@xxxxxxxxx>
> the old Quicktime would absolutely not allow itself to be
> removed.  I spent about an hour on the phone with a very nice Apple person
> in Canada, but his final suggestion was to wipe the hard drive and start
> over.  A local tech tried and decided he would have to do Registry editing,
> and it ended up cheaper in the long run to get a new computer.

Note that Registry editing is NOT nearly as complicated as most folks
may think! Windows provides "regedit.exe" (click on "Run" in the
start menu and enter "regedit" in the resulting dialog box) which
has a "Find" function which can find every occurrence of a word or
character group in the Registry. "Find" the name (the offending
program) and remove each occurence (usually in "Run" entries or
those associated with file extensions).

Tedious, yes...boring, yes...but not complicated (and useful to
know if one gets hit by a virus...)