Re: [ARSCLIST] advise: Sony portable DAT recorder

Hi Tom,

I'm sure you have qualified techs closer to home, but for what it's worth, Strauss Photo Technical Services here in Washington is a factory authorized service center for just about every brand of photo, video, audio and office electronics. I've never met anybody who has used them who doesn't love them. (I'm sure someone on this list will be the first.) I was just there today picking up my digital camera that had gotten wet. They turned the camera around in less than a week, and it seems to work very well now. Total bill $150. I wouldn't bother e-mailing them, just call 'em.

http://www.spts.com/

All the best,

Dick Williams.

P.S. Thanks for the off-line info on SoundForge!

Tom Fine wrote:
I have here a Sony portable DAT machine that's dead as a doorstop. It won't turn on or operate. Batteries seem to hold charge. Should I use it for a doorstop or is it worth fixing? If so, does anyone have a good tech to recommend? Sony won't service these things. I don't want to spend an arm or a leg on this but I'd invest a few dozen dollars to get it working right.

-- Tom Fine