Re: [ARSCLIST] advise: Sony portable DAT recorder

Which one? If it's a TCD-D8 or newer consumer/prosumer machine (PCM-M1, TCD-D100) or the D10ProII, I'd repair it. Otherwise, junk it. The D3 and D7 were simply too horrid and unreliable to worry with.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Tom Fine" <tflists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, December 18, 2006 6:56 PM
Subject: [ARSCLIST] advise: Sony portable DAT recorder

I have here a Sony portable DAT machine that's dead as a doorstop. It won't turn on or operate. Batteries seem to hold charge. Should I use it for a doorstop or is it worth fixing? If so, does anyone have a good tech to recommend? Sony won't service these things. I don't want to spend an arm or a leg on this but I'd invest a few dozen dollars to get it working right.

-- Tom Fine