Re: [ARSCLIST] Filling mines with data & Samp9 (was Re: [ARSCLIST] The ways C...

----- Original Message -----
From: <Mwcpc6@xxxxxxx>
> If I were young enough to care and had a recording I really wanted to
> preserve for the rest of my life, I would still record it on tape, or even
have a
> lacquer cut, and keep it under my bed!

Actually, if it were an analog recording, the best policy (in most
cases) would be to preserve the original, since both shellac and
vinyl discs, while they are not damage-proof, don't so far seem to
be affected by any forms of age-related deterioration (unlike myself,
I might add!).

To preserve either a tape original or a taped copy, it would be best
to select specific brands and forms of tape (does any magnetic tape
have the same apparent permanancy of shellac discs?). If the tape
is in cassette form, there are further considerations.

Finally, whatever format you choose, make sure you also preserve
and regularly maintain a player for it!