Re: [ARSCLIST] Boxing and shipping LPs, was Weight of LPs

----- Original Message -----
From: "Steven Smolian" <smolians@xxxxxxxxx>
> Shipping.  If moving a big collection via a rental truck, be aware that,
> since 9/11 or so, they have to go through weigh stations.  The gas trucks
> carry bulk but not much weight.  The ones with liftgates and with Diesel
> motors carrly a much greater load.

This reminds me of my move of about nine years ago. I had about 30,000
78's, all in milk crates, which had to be moved from Toronto to Oshawa
(Ontario). The amateur "movers" showed up with a rented 5-ton cube van
and started carrying milk boxes upstairs (they were in the basement in
a partly-finished area) and loading them into the van. Before they were
much more than about two-thirds done, it had become obvious that all of
the 78's could NOT be moved in one trip, since the rear "cube" was
just about sitting on top of the rear tires!