Re: [ARSCLIST] Weight of LPs

On 05/11/06, Steven C. Barr(x) wrote:
> [...]

I grabbed a bunch of LPs and weighed them on the kitchen scales.

20 LPs, 3 inches thick, weight 11 pounds.

So around 44 pounds per foot. These were mostly in standard sleeves with
outer clear plastic sleeves added.

Better to allow a good safety margin for shelving. The manufacturers may
be optimistic.

Regards
--
Don Cox