Re: [ARSCLIST] Boxing and shipping LPs, was Weight of LPs

Steve Smolian writes:
>...If moving a big collection via a rental truck, be aware that,
>since 9/11 or so, they have to go through weigh stations...
>...Sending them by freight is often less expensive but requires better packing
>and extra attention to labeling.

When we looked into the cost of moving to Tennessee from California, we discovered to our surprise that United Van Lines was actually cheaper than any rental truck.

Being an old hand at shipping records, I bought several bundles of 25 packs from the nearest pressing plant and sent 1600 LPs to our new address by media mail. I only needed to borrow a truck to get them to the post office. Today you can buy the postage on-line and have the post office come pick them up.

--
Bob Olhsson Audio Mastery, Nashville TN
615.385.8051    http://www.hyperback.com