Re: [ARSCLIST] mostly for laughs too-- audio in asphalt?

--- rodbrown <rodbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> This generic buzz strikes me as terribly short-sighted. It
> shouldn't
> be that difficult to vary these indentations so as to encode
> specific
> sounds into the pavement.

My parents told me once that some highway agency
experimented in the 60s with laying down a pattern
of ridges that would say "getover-getover-getover"
as you drove over them.  No idea what the upshot
of that experiment was, or if it was even an urban
legend.

David Breneman         david_breneman@xxxxxxxxx