 Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 08:29:32 -0400
From: Ganesh.Irelan@xxxxxxxx
 Subject: Re: Recomm! ended CD-R's

 I think this is an overstatement. I agree that you
can't go by =
 reputation and price alone. You have to do some
measurement to =
 establish what quality you are getting from your burner
/ media =
 interaction. However, this can be achieved without
writer calibration =
 by getting a CD analyzer. There are a few out there. I
have used a =
 Clover Systems QA-101 for 8 years now and am very happy
with it.

http://www.cloversystems.com/

Hence, to summarise the paper - if you can't=20
 afford to have your burner calibrated, you can't=20
 afford long term storage on optical disks (access=20
 copies is a whole different matter).