Re: [ARSCLIST] Record flattening

No, I wouldn't bake tapes in an electric oven, even one with consistent and reliable temp like my trusty GE. Tapes should go in an incubator, a very reliable convection oven or a food dehydrator, which is my weapon of choice.

-- Tom Fine

----- Original Message ----- From: "phillip holmes" <insuranceman@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, October 23, 2006 8:20 PM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Record flattening

If you do restoration work, you could use the same oven for baking tapes and flattening records.

Ya know, I was going to say that. Does that work with 78's??? I know it works with LPs because I've done it. Two thick pieces of plate glass and the oven on Warm (about 130 degrees in my mid-70's GE ovens). Electric ovens, of course!