Re: [ARSCLIST] Mostly for laughs

I've been to a guy's house with a system that retails for $250K--not what he paid. His system is the only one I've ever seen that had as much time and effort for a good acoustic and good power. The dude convinced the utilities to run 3 phase AC to his house. He has one 110V leg dedicated for the listening room and the system has its own breaker box. He had a very high priced acoustical engineer come in and treat the room with diffuser panels covered over with special fabric. The fabric looks like a painted wall. The sound in the room is pretty amazing. It's conception and execution is more like a recording studio. The good acoustics definitely swamp the affects of tweaking.
Phillip

Steven C. Barr(x) wrote:

The interesting thing is that I would seriously doubt that any
of these "audiophools" have had their istening rooms analyzed
and remodeled by an acoustic engineer...and it is much more
likely that the cancellations and reinforcements due to
reflected sound waves would have more effect than any electronic
"tweaking!"