Re: [ARSCLIST] Mostly for laughs

----- Original Message -----
From: "phillip holmes" <insuranceman@xxxxxxxxxx>
> It's plausible, though not likely, that if you took an entire system,
> including AC wiring from the transformer, breakers, sockets, that there >
might be a cumulative affect.  Let's say that when the house was wired, > there
was a stress fracture in the Romex, and cryogenics partially
> "cured" the problem (don't ask me how--this is hypothetical), that
> contact resistance would be reduced and noise would go down with that.
> This also means that you were dealing with either faulty products or
> workmanship.  Also, most of the wires being "tweaked" by audiophools are
> more than a decent CD player.  I don't see how or why a $500 cable would
> need to be "tweaked" to sound good.  The best "tweak" I ever found was
> unplugging and plugging back every connections and tightening the screws
> on the wall outlets.  It lowered noise (hum and hiss).
> Phillip

The interesting thing is that I would seriously doubt that any
of these "audiophools" have had their istening rooms analyzed
and remodeled by an acoustic engineer...and it is much more
likely that the cancellations and reinforcements due to
reflected sound waves would have more effect than any electronic
"tweaking!"