Re: [ARSCLIST] MP3

----- Original Message -----
From: <Mwcpc6@xxxxxxx>
> It is the error correction feature of digital media that it
> possible to store audio without degradation over time ... until someone
forgets to
> backup and it is completely gone forever.

As I understand it (and I may not be correct)...so far, we have no data
on life spans for the various media used to store digital information?
However, I have a number of CD's that show NO visible evidence of
physical damage or deterioration...but refuse to play some, most or
all of their content without random "skipping" of parts...and these
are pressed, not "burned" discs...