To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, October 09, 2006 4:44 PM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Tape baking question

Some good (and certainly responsible) points here, but I feel
compelled to say that i'm uncomfortable with the idea that there
exists somewhere a *true* sticky shed, and that only tapes "bound  together
until treated" qualify. This not only delegitimizes anything less than
over-the-top obvious hydrolysis, it also implies that (1) absolutely any
and every reel of poly tape, provided it contains at least one splice,
should be frozen before playback just in case the inner splice is sticky
and (2) we all have the option of freezing reels and playing them back
in a refrigerator.

That's bananas..

Brandon Burke