Re: [ARSCLIST] Recording rates for musicians.

----- Original Message -----
From: "phillip holmes" <insuranceman@xxxxxxxxxx>
> I don't personally believe that classical music is superior to other
> forms of music.  However, I do know from personal experience that
> classical musicians spend countless hours listening to, memorizing and
> analyzing music.  My buddies that play in bands (not wind ensembles)
> spend much more time concerning themselves with how their jeans fit.

Well, strictly speaking, the formal rules of logic disallow any ranking
of different musical genres (except subjectively!). Thus, one can say
"I derive more enjoyment from listening to classical music..." (or a
simpler equivalent)...but NOT "Classical music is superior..." on an
objective basis!

As far as modern music (rock, et al...) it has always seemed to me
that most of its practitioners acquire jeans based on their cheapness,
as opposed to their fit...and are often dangerously close to
"indecent exposure" as a result...

Finally, the phrase "wind ensembles" never fails to arouse, at least
in my (slightly deranged) mind, thoughts of "Le Petomaine" )sp?)...