To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, October 04, 2006 3:52 PM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] CD versus Download was "All hail the analogue revolution..."

Don Cox wrote:
On 02/10/06, K
Some releases are as good as anything available.

I'm not saying some of them aren't. I'm saying that this is a "business model" that doesn't really benefit classical music.

Those union contracts WERE negotiated with the major labels. Are you suggesting that musicians who have spent a lifetime competing for a chair in one the world's leading orchestras don't deserve the level of compensation the major labels have agreed to as appropriate for their level of accomplishment?

--
Bob Olhsson Audio Mastery, Nashville TN
615.385.8051    http://www.hyperback.com