Re: [ARSCLIST] CD versus Download was "All hail the analogue revolution..."

On 04/10/06, Bob Olhsson wrote:
> Don Cox wrote:
>> On 02/10/06, K
>> Some releases are as good as anything available.
>
> I'm not saying some of them aren't. I'm saying that this is a
> "business model" that doesn't really benefit classical music.
>
> Those union contracts WERE negotiated with the major labels. Are you
> suggesting that musicians who have spent a lifetime competing for a
> chair in one the world's leading orchestras don't deserve the level of
> compensation the major labels have agreed to as appropriate for their
> level of accomplishment?

I think they should be paid for each performance, just as I am paid for
an afternoon's work. I don't expect to be still being paid years later
for something I did today.

We all worked hard and acquired qualifications and experience to get
where we are.

Regards
--
Don Cox