Re: [ARSCLIST] Warsaw Concerto / STINSON SLP 38 / SCHWANN Catalog

True, but I have always theorised that Columbia didn't have access to a
soundhead with a rotary stabliser or a good print to dub from. So I have
always" listened through" the anomalities.
 Someday though, I'll find a good print.

Bob H.

Robert Hodge,
Senior Engineer
Belfer Audio Archive
Syracuse University
222 Waverly Ave .
Syracuse N.Y. 13244-2010

315-443- 7971
FAX-315-443-4866

>>> dlennick@xxxxxxxxxxxx 10/2/2006 4:53 PM >>>
Yep..great example of dull London studio sound and horrible flutter.
And boy
does it ever turn up a lot!

dl

Robert Hodge wrote:

> I have always found the  78 RPM Columbia soundtrack recording of the
> Warsaw Concerto from " Dangerous Moonlight "  conducted by Muir
> Mathiesen  to be very satisfying.
> And not a hard record to find which would seem to indicate that
others
> liked it as well.
>
> Good Performance ! IMHO...
>
> Bob Hodge
>
> Robert Hodge,
> Senior Engineer
> Belfer Audio Archive
> Syracuse University
> 222 Waverly Ave .
> Syracuse N.Y. 13244-2010
>
> 315-443- 7971
> FAX-315-443-4866

> Dnjchi@xxxxxxx wrote:
>

> > In a message dated 10/2/2006 1:46:38 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> > dlennick@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
> >
> > Nothing  snobbish about it..the Warsaw Concerto is an
embarrassingly
> bad and
> > catchy  and kitschy piece of crap. Not as big a piece of crap as
the
> Cornish
> > Rhapsody which was the Warsaw Concerto played sideways. Anyway,
the
> July 1958
> > Schwann lists the Smokey Mountain Suite played by Leo Litwin on
> Boston 500
> > and
> > 8 or 9 WCs on various labels, no Stinson. Earlier Schwanns  list
only
> the
> > Smokey
> > Mountain Suite
> >
> > I guess it proves that this list has many contrarians; I happen to
> LIKE the
> > Warsaw Concerto and the cornish Rhapsody.  And I HAVE the Boston
LP