Re: [ARSCLIST] Warsaw Concerto / STINSON SLP 38 / SCHWANN Catalog

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHIIIII
Runs from room screaming in terror!

Karl Miller <lyaa071@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: On Mon, 2 Oct 2006, David Lennick wrote:

> Nothing snobbish about it..the Warsaw Concerto is an embarrassingly bad and
> catchy and kitschy piece of crap. Not as big a piece of crap as the Cornish
> Rhapsody which was the Warsaw Concerto played sideways. Anyway, the July 1958
> Schwann lists the Smokey Mountain Suite played by Leo Litwin on Boston 500 and
> 8 or 9 WCs on various labels, no Stinson. Earlier Schwanns list only the Smokey
> Mountain Suite. WC is probably somewhere in the back under "Collections" or
> "Popular".

But you really haven't heard the Warsaw Concerto until you have heard the
Fred Waring arrangement for chorus and piano.

I have disc of the Smokey Mountain suite...not a Stinson record.

Karl