Re: [ARSCLIST] Warsaw Concerto / STINSON SLP 38 / SCHWANN Catalog

In a message dated 10/2/2006 1:46:38 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
dlennick@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Nothing  snobbish about it..the Warsaw Concerto is an embarrassingly bad and
catchy  and kitschy piece of crap. Not as big a piece of crap as the  Cornish
Rhapsody which was the Warsaw Concerto played sideways. Anyway, the  July 1958
Schwann lists the Smokey Mountain Suite played by Leo Litwin on  Boston 500
and
8 or 9 WCs on various labels, no Stinson. Earlier Schwanns  list only the
Smokey
Mountain Suite

I guess it proves that this list has many contrarians; I happen to LIKE the
Warsaw Concerto and the cornish Rhapsody.  And I HAVE the Boston LP of the
Smoky Mountain Suite.

Takes all kinds, I guess.

Don Chichester