Re: [ARSCLIST] CD versus Download was "All hail the analogue revolution..."

On Fri, 29 Sep 2006, David Lennick wrote:

> A friend of mine has 44 versions of the Rachmaninoff Third Piano Concerto. That's about 40 more than I
> think worthwhile, and one is probably plenty for many folks.

And then there is Scott Colebank who has, as I recall, about 120
recordings of the Rachmaninoff Third.

However, I do wonder what justification there is for so many recordings of
the standards, especially when musicians these days don't provide much of
their personality in a performance...and especially when there is so much
unrecorded repertoire that needs attention.

Karl