Re: [ARSCLIST] Sound--real vs. recorded--was: discography of "direct-to-disk revival"?

steven c wrote:

> [...]

I already stopped going to opening nights of theatrical events a couple of
decades ago because the audience consisted of boors who couldn't be bothered
bathing and figured sixteen layers of extra-strong cologne would be the answer
(audience members of all genders, I might add)..movies lost me a long time ago,
and enabled me to keep my hearing..symphony audiences are at least somewhat
more refined, at least in Toronto and except for that one Horowitz guy. (By the
way, I mis-remembered..he liked ONLY the Rachmaninoff, so he suffered audibly
through everything else till he got to that.)

dl