Re: [ARSCLIST] More about ET preservation (was "Comparable collections anywhere?")

Eric Jacobs wrote:

There are three things that affect the condition of ETs:
<HUGE snip!>

Eric has written a very good outline of the problems and considerations needed when handling and transferring lacquer coated discs in general and of any size, not just "ET's" (Electrical Transcriptions).

For those of us who lived the era of their use, most of the problems were obvious, but none of us expected the deterioration and decomposition that is being encountered today.

I actually cut 16" lacquers, as well as thousands of LP masters while I worked for RCA Victor in the early 1960's... a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, and yes, it was a great adventure!

... Graham Newton

World class professional services applied to tape or phonograph records for
consumers and re-releases, featuring CEDAR's new CAMBRIDGE processes.