Re: [ARSCLIST] Underscore in file names

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lou Judson" <loujudson@xxxxxxx>
> Exactly my (minor) complaint. Do they let you even change it without
> bolluxing up the whole system requiring a reinstall? In Macs, you can;t
> change the applications folder without major consequences.

Actually, you can rename "My Documents"...however, the o/s will simply
create a new one! There is a fairly complicated procedure (I've forgotten
the details) to convince the o/s that the NEW "My Documents," and not
the old one (the machinery still thinks of it as "My Documents," in
spite of the fact you renamed it "Axolotl!") is the real "My Documents"
folder. Always assume that operating systems...ESPECIALLY graphics-
dependent operating systems (be they Apple or Wintel, anyway...) are
designed to make computers accessible to a "lowest common denominator"
of computer USERS!

In retrospect, I wonder if those choices were right...or if the world
was better off when "C:>" sat there and blinked at you, waiting to
find out what you wanted to do next...

Automobiles have already proven the non-wisdom of turning loose upon
the world a gaggle (or google?!) of users who wot only of the basics
of operating their machines (if that?!)...