Re: [ARSCLIST] Underscore in file names

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lou Judson" <loujudson@xxxxxxx>
> I guess old habits are hard to break, but on one's own computer what is
> the need for "My" - Whenever I get a glance at windows, I would feel
> resentment at an OSD telling me what is mine! Everything on it is mine,
> at least as far as not anyone else's. Call em docs and docsold if you
> like. Or name them docs1 and docs2 - you'll always know then!
>
> 2c, <L>

Don't blame me...blame Mr. Gates! The "My Documents" folder/subdirectory
comes with the o/s, and is the default directory for several accessory
programs! In fact, "My Documents (Old)" was my renaming of a "My Documents"
folder from another machine, which had a few files I still needed to
access.

The folks who write o/s software have to tiptoe a fine line...their
"public" runs all the way from folks who know as much or more than
the o/s-creators...to people who have no idea what is going in that
mysterious box, but know how to click a mouse button when the arrow
points to the icon for the program they want to use. The latter are
quite happy to find their files in a folder named "My Documents"...
the former would probably prefer file names created in Unicode, so
they could use 65,535 potential characters and name their folders
in Scandahoovian...?!
:-)