[ARSCLIST] Tel-Mar or Ter-Mar? (Was: Malcolm Chisolm )

Chisolm's resume is interesting too, at least to me. I always thought he worked at Tel-Mar. It must be that when Chess did sessions there, he engineered, but why was Chess doing sessions at Tel-Mar??? There are definitely some Chess records with studio credited as Tel-Mar.

Are you sure you don't mean Ter-Mar?
This found in a google search for Ter-Mar:
"Chess Records used Universal exclusively until they built their own facilities at 2120 S. Michigan Ave. in 1957. There were two studios in the Chess building, the other being Sheldon Recording, and when Sheldon went out of business, another studio, Ter-Mar moved in. Ter-Mar was originally a few blocks away. The chief engineers at Chess and Ter-Mar were Ron Malo and Malcolm Chisholm."

and:

"Leonard Chess got the name Ter-Mar from his two sons, Terry and Marshall. Ter-Mar was where a lot of '60s soul hits were recorded. "Rescue Me" by Fontella Bass, "Selfish One" by Jackie Ross, "Workin' On A Groovy Thing" by Patti Drew, "Hello Stranger" by Barbara Lewis and most of The Dells' hits such as "Stay In My Corner" and "There Is." The Radiants, Ramsey Lewis, Sugar Pie DeSanto and a host of jazz artists recorded at that studio. Etta James recorded her hits "At Last", "Something's Got A Hold On Me" and "All I Could Do Was Cry" there. " Ter-Mar also played host to a number of '60s rock acts, such as The Buckinghams who recorded "Kind Of A Drag" there. The American Breed recorded "Bend Me, Shape Me" at Ter-Mar and The New Colony Six made Ter-Mar their home. The studio closed sometime in the late '70s and is now a museum ala Motown."

-Matt S