To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, August 26, 2006 4:38 AM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Can 78s sound better than LPs?

On 26/08/06, David Breneman wrote:
--- Lou Judson <loujudson@xxxxxxx> wrote:

By the way, while we have some animated discussion as we do the
work, I
never dispute that he can hear the differences. I may say, I have
not
heard the difference, to which he responds, but have you compared
them?
I say a simple no, without mentioning that I do not have a refined
listening room nor the gear to do a true A-B-X comparison.

So, now that the expensive-cable magic is encoded onto the
CD, will he still be able to hear the difference if the CD is
played back with cheaper cables?  I'm wondering if it works
kinda like dbx...   :-)

If we suppose that the magic cable audibly reduces distortion, then yes, the CD made with the cable should be audibly less distorted than the one made without it.

The question mark is over the theory that the cables are the problem,
rather than the electronic circuits in the various boxes.

Regards
--
Don Cox
doncox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx