Re: [ARSCLIST] Can 78s sound better than LPs?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tom Fine" <tflists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Using the original tape machine, especially with cassettes, and a direct
signal path will beat any
> claims on any cable any day.

I learned the hard way that using the original cassette deck (note this
does NOT mean one of the same make and model!) is a necessity. I had
two cassette decks, and they had about a 5% speed difference...which
was VERY audible if I played a tape recorded on machine #1 using
machine #2! I don't know if top-end cassette machines are specifically
set up to run at a single fixed speed...but ordinary consumer-grade
machines most certainly do NOT!