Re: [ARSCLIST] Non-RIAA preamp (was: WHY save as WAV's when Mp3's can do???)

This is a very interesting piece of gear. I have DC6 but have not been overly impressed with its DSP. Does anyone have experience transferring LPs flat and then applying EQ in the computer? Are you using this setup or something more ambitious? Does it sound appreciably better than a good phono preamp/cartridge combo?

-- Tom Fine

----- Original Message ----- From: "Matt Sohn" <mahatma57@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, August 26, 2006 5:16 PM
Subject: [ARSCLIST] Non-RIAA preamp (was: WHY save as WAV's when Mp3's can do???)

Thank you for the excellent suggestions. Unfortunately, I am not well versed in electronics but I do know some people who are and might be interested in assisting me. My preference of course would be to find an off-the-shelf solution as I prefer not to have any outside dependencies.

Tracer Technologies offers a flat preamp (no RIAA option) for $99. Until the end of the month they are on sale for $69. (Enter coupon code: ctp30).
http://www.tracertek.com/ctp1000.htm
They also have a tubed version for $199
http://www.tracertek.com/ctp2000.htm
but the price is going up to $249 at the end of the month.

-Matt Sohn