Re: [ARSCLIST] Can 78s sound better than LPs?

I don't recall seeing a discography with the late jazz 78s listed. Is there an web site that has these?
Phillip

Tom Fine wrote:
78 finally submerged in the early 60's. Its last hand-hold ledge was kiddie records. There were still jazz single mixes for 78 being made as late as the mid-50's. On a lot of Verve sessions, for example, Norman Granz would just have the musicians cut a 3-minute version in a separate take. I think some other guys would just splice-edit down to 3 minutes, similar to what came to be common practice for rock in the mid and late 60's (ie keep the full "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida" for the LP but edit out a few verses to fit a 4-minute 45RPM single).