To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, August 25, 2006 5:33 PM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Can 78s sound better than LPs?

Speaking of this subject (while remembering those 45rpm 1980s 12" maxi singles, and having heard some good 78s reocrded properly and in good condition),
I can only wonder how 78rpm record can sound by using mix of modern and past
technologies: f.e direct cut for lacquers with wide groove and pressing in
finest (but thick) vinyl, properly centered and carefully made... Probably
with magnificent dynamic, resistant to microscopically large scratches or
dust, and capable of something that 33.3rpm micro record was never capable
of...

Unfortunately, it was 33.3rpm standard invented as needfulness for
synchronizing playing early sound movie pictures. And God knows, what
tomorrow brings.

"Forgotten" audio format, and that 78rpm phonograph record to modern
technology surely is, can have its renaissance...

Best wishes,

Milan

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bob Olhsson" <olh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>